Meat & Cheese Crescent Rolls
Updated: Jun 25, 2021
Make this yummy and easy snack at home! You only need 5 ingredients/supplies and can substitute if needed. Practice adaptive skills as you follow this recipe and navigate the kitchen! With support from an adult of course. Younger children like preschoolers and school-agers will need help using the oven, while older children and adolescents might just need a little supervision! With this activity one can encourage fine motor development, following directions, problem-solving, and more!
You will need:
● Crescent rolls
● Lunchmeat of choice - I used turkey!
● Cheese of choice - I used Colby Jack!
● Cooking spray
● Baking sheet
● Preheat the oven to the directed temperature, then wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
● Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray to prevent the rolls from sticking. Then carefully open the crescent rolls and lay each roll down flat onto the pan. Be sure they are not touching each other.
● Lay ½ of a slice of cheese down onto the long end of the crescent roll. You can also use shredded cheese if you would rather!
● Lay a few pieces of rolled up meat on top of the cheese. You can also use a few different kinds of meat, add vegetables, or use no meat at all!
● Take the end of the crescent roll that has the toppings on it and roll it towards the thin, pointed end. Wrap the toppings in as best as you can to ensure they will not fall out.
● Bake the rolls as directed on the package, then carefully remove from the oven. Allow to cool for a bit, then enjoy! You can also dip them in your favorite sauce if you would like!