Updated: Aug 13
This craft activity is great for preschool and school-aged children. Making a color sort promotes collaborative learning, sensory play, motor skills, and learning in areas such as color identification, shape drawing and identification, and math. This activity establishes a fun, stress-free learning environment for children to independently sort and solve math problems!
You will need:
- Gallon size freezer bag
- Colored permanent markers or nail polish
- Hair gel
- Colored beads or pom poms
- Tape (durable)
1. Pick out 5 different colored permanent markers or nail polish
2. Take out 10 beads to match the colored markers and place into separate containers or one container. You should end up with 50 beads. Set aside.
3. Use the 5 different colored permanent markers or nail polish to draw circles on the gallon size freezer bag. They can be all different sizes and/or shapes.
4. Pour the container/s into the gallon size freezer bag.
5. Squeeze or pour the hair gel into the gallon size freezer bag and close the bag.
6. Rip or cut tape long enough to cover the top seal
7. Move the beads or pom poms into the matching shape! You can count each as they go into the matching shape and/or complete math problems using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.