All About Me Collage
Updated: Jul 26
Create a collage to express yourself! This activity can be completed with as little as 1 piece of paper, 1 magazine, 1 glue stick, and 1 pair of scissors. Feel free to add more decorative elements if available! Collages are also a great activity for almost any child of any age. School-aged children and adolescents are usually equipped with fine motor skills needed to independently use scissors and glue, but some children and adolescents may need some additional support for safety. An All About Me Collage can encourage self-expression, fine motor skill practice, and creativity. Take a look at this blog post for simple instructions and visuals! Enjoy!
- Old Magazine(s)
- Coloring Supplies (your choice of markers, crayons, or colored pencils)
- One piece of paper (Any Color)
1) Start looking through your magazines! If you see something you like, tear the page out. Keep a stack of all pages you like for the next step.
Helpful Hint: Look at the pictures in the example if you need ideas!
2) Once you finish looking through your magazines, it is time to cut! Go through the stack of pages you tore out and cut out what you like.
3) Organize your cut out images on the page.
4) Glue your images to the page.
5) Use markers, crayons, or colored pencils to decorate!
All done! Display your creative collage for everyone to see!